Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer's here and the time is right...

Happy first day of summer, doves! (And if it's not summer where you are... Happy Tuesday!)

I hope every one is enjoying the official start of summer! Go outside! Have an iced coffee or a lemonade or a beer! Go swimming! Climb a tree! Frolic! And if it's raining go play in the rain!


(ModCloth T-shirt, Forever21 Shorts)

Shorts, t-shirt, messy ponytail, and bare feet. Hello, summer!



Please excuse the bug bite and my wonky double-jointed arm! These things happen.

Can I say summer one more time in this post? Summer!


Okay, now I'm switching gears for a second...

The title of this post is from "Racing in the Streets" by Bruce Springsteen. I'm a Jersey girl. I love my Bruce and I love my E-Street Band. And neither would be complete without the legendary talent and energy of Clarence Clemons. I had just finished watching fireworks down at the lake on Saturday evening when I learned of his passing. It's always strange when a musical legend passes... In my head they're all still kids. I wasn't there to see it all happen so when I watch the documentaries and listen to the albums, there they are, forever young. That's how I saw him in life and that's how I'm going to remember him. Rest in peace, Big Man.

I'm going to go have a drink to celebrate summer and life and music. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! If you have any questions, don't be shy! Also, feel free to email me at jenny@dictioncanary.com.