Tuesday, August 5, 2014

One paisley summer...

Hey, hi, I'm here! I don't know where the time has gone. This summer (well, year) has just been one thing after another. I'd planned on coming back last week, and then I found myself at my ophthalmologist's office everyday to treat a corneal ulcer (I have super sensitive, easily irritated eyes/skin/everything. Although, I am happy to say that my allergies have greatly improved overall thanks to my shots. Here's to progress!).

So, here's a quick outfit post (I took these in June. Sigh. Where is my summer going?!). I could ramble on endlessly about everything that's gone on since my last real post. But I think I'll just keep it brief for now and address things on their own. This has been an extremely rough year all around. I'd like to just let things come out naturally and address each on its own. So, for now, how about a little good news? I'm engaged. How about that! I also have plenty of photos to post from our trip to Oregon! And I got to see one of my best friends from college for the first time in years at her wedding. There have definitely been some good times, even if they quite frequently seem so fleeting.
(Tulle sweater, old ModCloth dress, Michael Antonio wedges from HauteLook)
(And this is what happens when the sprinklers come on whilst shooting an outfit... Whomp whomp.)

I'm eager to get back into the swing of regular posting and blog reading ASAP! I need a little stability, and this blog is always a nice constant to come back to. Any John Cusack fans, by the way? I couldn't resist the terrible post title. Ah well. See you doves soon!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting again! Nice outfit; green looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds so painful! But it's nice to see you back! :) Oooh happy news too!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Congrats on your engagement!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life has a way of doing that to us sometimes, doesn't it? But that's great news, congratulations! And it's good to see you back looking lovely in green :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back and congratulations on your engagement!

    -Rebecca
    Idealism never goes out of fashion
    http://mn2nz.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you, again and a congratulations is in order! :D <3 Beautiful patterns on the dress. Love it! The cardigan is darling, too!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! If you have any questions, don't be shy! Also, feel free to email me at jenny@dictioncanary.com.