Thursday, April 7, 2011

Clark Kent, now there was a real gent...

Okay, I have to admit if it wasn't for the brown cardigan I would feel a bit like a superhero in this outfit... And I think I'm all right with that! If I took it off maybe I would have gotten super powers! Damn. I'll have to try next time... Yep, I'm still five years old most days.


(ModCloth cardigan and dress, random tights, shoes from DSW)

The reason this feels superhero-esque is the colour combination. The top of the dress and my tights are actually dark blue which was hard to capture with the setting sun. I do like how these photos turned out, though, and I didn't want to mess with them at all. The blue is a wee bit more noticeable here...



The skirt is a gorgeous marigold yellow that I love with dark blue. I'll try to get some better shots of the contrast at some point. Not as the sun is going down, I suppose!





The title of this post is from a song I listened to all the time as a kid, "Superman's Song" by the Crash Test Dummies (yup!). But I also have Bruce Springsteen's "For You" running around my head...

Didn't you think I knew that you were born with the power of a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

That song is in my head every single day. You know, just like the theme from Indiana Jones (not even kidding. I sit at my desk and hum it to myself daily). There you have it. This post is only a tiny sampling of how weird I am.

I seem to have an affinity for songs about Superman? Huh.

Ok, the geekery ends here (for now).

Oh! One more thing before I go... I recently went through my closet and managed to donate two bags of clothes and a bag of shoes. However! I kept some things to swap or sell and plan on putting them up on tumblr this weekend. I'll post the link when I've got everything up if anyone is interested!

6 comments:

  1. Would have never guessed that they were dark blue. The setting sun is lovely though and (i can imagine) that the dark blue with that mustard skirt is fabulous!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    Come check out my skull bracelet giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo's are always lovely. This set even has a dream like quality to them (plus that skirt is gorgeous).

    No geekery here. You have great taste in music, great style and you're chartiable...you're pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, thank you! I'll be sure to check it out :)


    Mo, you just made my day! What an incredibly sweet comment. Thank you very much, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit and photos,and I like your shoes so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! If you have any questions, don't be shy! Also, feel free to email me at jenny@dictioncanary.com.