Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A wicked wind will blow your ribbons from your curls...

Okay, truth be told, these were taken rather hastily because it was quite raw and nasty outside and, admittedly, I got a wee bit frustrated. Meh. It happens!


(Target cardigan and shoes, ModCloth T-shirt, Forever21 skirt, Ruche knee-highs)

Individually I love every piece in this outfit. This should translate into an outfit that I love. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I think I like it, though. Maybe.





Behind me you can see our dog's outdoor toys of choice - a log and an old boot. I'm not entirely sure where he got the boot but he loves that thing.



This photo was taken inside as it was beginning to get too dark outside, and I do rather like it. Freckles and goose bumps (it was chilly!) and all. These knee-highs are so perfect that I got them in tan, too. And they stay up! That is so rare. I feel as though I'm forever pulling and tugging my socks.

All right, I've started to feel a little better about this post now that I've put it together. It's been a strange day so we'll chalk it up to that!


Title is from "Shankill Butchers" by The Decemberists.

10 comments:

  1. aww, the knee socks and the skirt are great, and that cardigan is the most complimentary color for your hair and skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These knee highs are too sweet!! Love the detail!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...the knee highs are def' pretty sweet. I have to say that even if you're kinda iffy on how you feel about the outfit, it comes across as stylish and chic to me. Plus, as a stunning redhead, green will always be your secret weapon. Seriously, you could like... rule the world! Honestly, you always look so pretty and stylish. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, thanks very much! They're my favourite pair by far.

    Mo, you are the sweetest ever. Heheheh Telling a redhead she could rule the world is a dangerous thing! Really, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Email me at my blog would love to send you the fml questionaire.

    Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rania, thanks, doll!

    Lisa, will do! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true that great separates don't always make a great outfit, but I actually really like this! Particularly with the socks. I always look like a deranged schoolgirl in knee-highs, but you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, thanks very much! Hahaha No way! I'm checking out your blog right now and you'd definitely look adorable in knee-highs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! If you have any questions, don't be shy! Also, feel free to email me at jenny@dictioncanary.com.