Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Have a cuppa tea...

Well, I stayed home with a bit of a cold today. Unless I'm bedridden, I think sick days are the great opportunity to play around with outfits. I purchased this skirt from Bonne Chance Collections a while ago during one of their Happy Hour sales, but I just hadn't gotten around to wearing it. So, I figured I'd give it a go today!

I started out thinking tea cups... Alice in Wonderland!... But I wound up going more retro this time around, I think. I did come up with a few ideas for a more Alice inspired outfit, though. Now that I think about it, today was the perfect day to wear this! Nothing like a cup of tea with honey and lemon for a sore throat!

(TJ Maxx blouse, Target cardigan (below), Bonne Chance skirt (sold out), Forever 21 tights, ModCloth heels)


 

This is my new hair! It gets more unruly the shorter it is, but I like it. I usually don't trim my hair as much as I should, so I wind up having to chop quite a bit off at once. I'm really, really going to try to get it trimmed regularly this time!

I bought another dress from Bonne Chance, but I'm saving that to wear on my birthday! Okay, now I'm going to have a hot toddy and curl up on the couch.


Title from song of same name by The Kinks.

3 comments:

  1. AHHHH SO MUCH SKIRT ENVY! my go-to online handle, on Tumblr and such, is "tealeafprincess", because I drink soo much tea and I'm a princess. so obviously I love adorable tea party stuff. & you look very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love BCC, and this skirt is perfect. It has a beautiful amount of flare to it! And I love the blouse you paired with it. Super cute! And your new haircut is adorable!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling <3 The ruffle sleeves and the print on your skirt ^_^ So sweet! Beautiful pairing!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! If you have any questions, don't be shy! Also, feel free to email me at jenny@dictioncanary.com.