Saturday, May 14, 2011

Brown paper packages tied up with strings...

Happy Friday! I'll admit I've had this post sitting for a while. I got sucked into the season finale of Justified so here we go...

Since Fridays universally seem to be a day for favourite things I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon. Today Okay, well, everyday I'm geeking out over music.

So! First, Amanda Shires' new video for "Ghostbird" was released. Watch it here! Animated videos can be wonderfully refreshing when they're done well and this one definitely is! The animation by Cory Basil is as charming and beautiful as the song. I love when collaborations turn out so perfectly.

Second, I'm going to see Emmylou Harris with the Levon Helm Band in Central Park this summer! Emmylou! Amazing. I can't even find the words to express my excitement.

I'm also going to see Elvis Costello next week, going to Philly to see Amanda Shires on June 1st, and going to a festival to see Justin Townes Earle (and Deer Tick and Leon Russell) on June 18th. This is going to be a wonderful summer. 

I hope you all had a great Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! If you have any questions, don't be shy! Also, feel free to email me at jenny@dictioncanary.com.