Monday, May 2, 2011

The match of the century: Absence vs. Thin Air...

I'm back! I hope you all haven't forgotten me! I didn't mean to vanish for quite so long. We went out to visit a friend in San Diego until Thursday, and I just turned on my computer for the first time in a week (It took me two days to unpack, I'm just doing laundry now, and I still haven't put away my suitcase... So getting my photos on the computer this quickly is kind of amazing! For me, anyway)!

Since I've been severely slacking in the outfit department I'll post some photos of our trip. We walked a lot so I pretty much only wore shorts and t-shirts (boring, I know). Hopefully you guys won't mind?

We crammed a whole lot into three days. Let's see... We went to a couple different beaches (La Jolla was beautiful!), the San Diego Zoo (HUGE!), a Padres game (goodness, that was a bad game), had a couple nice dinners, played the first mini golf game of the year, and brought home a big ol' jug o' beer.



Okay, look. I love birds. BUT the pelicans creeped me out a bit. We do have them here in the northeast but I've never seen so many of them! Packs of prehistoric looking pelicans pacing back and forth over the beach. Silent gliding guardians. Yay, alliteration! (... Yes, yes, huge word geek right here.)





It was super windy out on the pier! Also, I lived in my striped cardigan the entire trip.





Seals! Okay, we have seals here, too. But I've never seen any come up onto the beach. And I've certainly never seen a whole slew of sleeping seals (ha, couldn't resist. I'm finished now, really).







The ocean was freezing! We went swimming for about ten minutes. We were definitely not used to that!



Please note: I can not stand having my photo taken by other people. I've hated it my whole life. Thus the cheesy tourist poses. He pretty much has to make me stand there like a little kid. Ah well.

Now I have a ton of blog reading to catch up on! I hope every one has been well this past week!


PS I'm so excited for summer that I snagged this beautiful bag from Sally Jane Vintage as soon as I saw it!



It's shipped already(!), and I can't wait to live out of it this summer.

Title from "Heart Cooks Brain" by Modest Mouse.

2 comments:

  1. hooray, what a fun trip! the San Diego Zoo is the best... I remember it still and it's been about 20 years since I've been there! I know what you mean about trips, while they're wonderful, there is just always so much to do when you get back. you have to unpack and catch up on emails and deal with your week old dirty clothes and I usually leave my house a wreck and don't but groceries before I go, so I also have to clean my house and buy food, so yeah, a lot of stuff I don't wanna do waits for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zoo was awesome! It was unbelievably ginormous but we managed to see nearly everything! And, yes, exactly. Coming home from a trip can be so overwhelming. I definitely bummed around for a few days before dealing with anything at all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! If you have any questions, don't be shy! Also, feel free to email me at jenny@dictioncanary.com.