Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A perfectionist's exercise in imperfection...

I'm fairly certain this dress used to be longer on me. Whoops. Getting dressed ten minutes before I have to be at work definitely has its downfalls sometimes. Ah well, what can you do?... And don't say get up earlier! That's totally not going to happen.
(Knitted Dove blazer, ModCloth dress and socks, Adrienne Vittadini heels)
I really wanted to get more (and better) photos of this outfit, but I got home late and just ran out of time. No biggie, though. As a perfectionist, I have to keep reminding myself that this blog isn't about perfection; it's about being creative every day. It's about being myself, not about being flawless.
That doesn't mean I don't care about what I'm putting out there. If anything, I care too much. I write and rewrite. I edit and re-edit. I shoot and reshoot. It just means I'm trying to be okay with not loving every single photo or every single post. Especially because tomorrow is another opportunity to do better... Yes, that is still the mentality of a perfectionist... But one that is learning to accept imperfection and move on.

So here's to being all right with this post and moving on to tomorrow's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! If you have any questions, don't be shy! Also, feel free to email me at jenny@dictioncanary.com.